Did you know?
- 1 in 9 people in Eastern Massachusetts is food insecure.
- 125,000 children are at risk of hunger.
- Unlike patients with chronic illnesses or victims of natural disasters, people who hunger hide it because they are too ashamed to seek help or they believe hunger isn't serious enough to warrant public aid.
- 62% of U.S. teachers regularly see children who come to school hungry because they are not eating enough at home.
- The world produces enough food to feed all 7 billion people who live in it, but those who go hungry either do not have land to grow food or money to purchase it.
- It's a vicious cycle. Poverty is the main cause of hunger, and hunger is a cause of poverty. When people go malnourished, they lose brain functionality and the mental resources to be productive assets in society or wage-earners.
By taking the 50 Cents Challenge, you can provide 1.5 meals to a family in need.